1. Berkshire’s Four Giants Highlights The Company’s Diversified Assets, Growth, And Value Property And Casualty Operations And Its Insurance “Float” They have unique characteristics that allow them to enjoy $147 billion of insurance “investing float” at the end of 2021.
2. Three Ways To Increase Share Value Controlled Businesses The first way to increase share values is through the long-term earnings power of Berkshire’s controlled and entirely owned businesses through internal growth or acquisitions.
Non-Controlled Businesses The way to amp value is to buy non-controlling partial interests in excellent publicly traded businesses, like its share ownership in Apple shares.
3. Berkshire’s Strong Cash Condition Ripe For Acquisition Opportunities Buffett tells us that means that Berkshire is financing half of 1% of the US national debt, not an insignificant amount.
5. Berkshire Is The Biggest Infrastructure Company In The US Although Berkshire’s insurance businesses, the company owns and operates more domestic infrastructure assets than any other American corporation, in terms of its property, plant, and equipment of $158 billion on its balance sheet.
6. Berkshires Pays A Lot of Taxes, But That Wasn’t Always The Case The company paid $3.3 billion in federal tax payments, excluding state and foreign taxes, so they can say, “I paid at the office.”
7. His Advice For Students Buffett’s advice to university students is that they seek employment in 1)the field and 2) the kind of people they would select if they did not need money.