– Are you planning to hire a teenager or an adult?– Will the sitter have a set schedule, or are your needs more sporadic?– Do you need someone to provide childcare early in the morning, late at night, or overnight?
An older babysitter is likely to have more experience with children than a younger teenager. There is nothing wrong with hiring a teenage babysitter, especially if they are friends of the family. However, your particular circumstances might call for highly recommended babysitters with childcare certifications.
– The average cost of a babysitter in New York City is $18.94 per hour—on par with the national average.– The average cost of a babysitter in San Francisco is $21.17 per hour, making it the most expensive city to hire a babysitter.– Contrarily, the average hourly rate for babysitters in a town like Little Rock, Arkansas, is just $12.50.
– Babysitters watch children for parents, usually at the children’s house, when the parent requires temporary childcare. These jobs are usually part-time verbal agreements, and contracts are casual.
– Nannies are full-time, usually salaried, permanent employees. Sometimes nannies live in the children’s home, and their responsibilities span all hours of the day. Nannies also help with childhood development and household operations.
– Daycares are businesses. Daycares usually charge parents a monthly fee.